Give your residents a cleaner, better future
On street and lamppost EV charging at no cost to you. With a fully funded service, we take on the risk and free up your budget to invest where it’s needed most.Get in touch
How EV charging helps councils
Help your residents make the move to EV
A lack of charge points is one of the biggest barriers to buying an electric vehicle. With convenient, near home charging, your residents can switch with confidence.
Generate income to invest in local services
Build a local EV network at no cost to the council. We take on the risk while you get a share of the revenue.
Meet your transport goals
We’ll help you plan a network that meets your goals. Working within your streetscape, we make travel cleaner for people who drive the most.
Give your residents a greener choice
By helping drivers plug in near home, they can charge overnight when there’s spare capacity on the grid. It’s the greenest way to charge.
How char.gy works for councils in 6 steps
Geospatial planning to work out how many charge points you need, where to put them and when to install. We’ll help get residents on board and ready to charge.Get in touch
2. Get ready
A range of funding options from simple licensing to a full concession contract. We manage investment and unlock grant schemes where available.
Full visibility, from site proposal through surveys and installation. We’ll work with street lighting and transport teams to get charge points up and running quickly.
Monitor performance in real time in your data dashboard. Our team helps you spot trends and gather data on resident satisfaction and service reliability.
Remote reporting and maintenance with a lifetime guarantee. We can spot a problem, get on site and fix it with minimum downtime, at no cost to the council.
Insights to help you expand your network and get the most from your charge points. We’ll help you respond to new requests for local, on street charging, wherever people park.Get in touch
Meet our charge points
Our charge points are designed to blend into the background. Muted colours and no whirring or noisy fans so your residents can enjoy a quiet night’s sleep.
Choose our Backpack or Bollard in a range of speeds from 5.3kW to 22kW.Get in touch
- Modular hardware for easy testing
- Tried and tested on the street
- Secure and reliable
- Anti-graffiti paint
- On street or on lamppost
- Work with any existing supply
How we're working with councils
Better access to EV charging
- 600+ charge points
- Guaranteed minimum income per lamppost
“As the leading provider of EV charging in Southwark, we’re helping residents charge within 200m of home, even without a driveway.”
Driving the switch to EV
- Discounted launch tariff for residents
- Installed ahead of demand
“We saw a char.gy charge point in our area when we were choosing a car. That gave us the confidence to get an electric vehicle.”
Ready to build a local EV charging network?Get in touch
We’re certified and compliant
- OZEV On-street residential charge point scheme compliant
- BS EN 61851 Parts 1 and 22
- Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Regulations 2017 compliant
- ELEXON certified BSCP520 Measured Central Management System
- BS EN 7671 requirements for electrical installations compliant
- EC Directive for Low Voltage Equipment 2006/95/EC
- EC Directive for Electromagnetic Compatibility 2004/108/EC
- CE marked in accordance with EC Directive 93/465/EEC
- National Cyber Security Centre-certified
- Installed to requirements of BS7671 & Energy Networks Association - Engineering Recommendations